I took Shelli to go see The Weepies last night for her birthday. The Weepies are an indie pop-folk, husband and wife duo, and the cutest pair of musicians you’ve ever seen on a stage! The show was awesome and I took some pictures and videos to share with you all. Enjoy! -Frank
Deb Talan and Steve Tannen are The Weepies. (their bass player is not Javier Bardem.)
Our donation drive for North Mecklenburg Animal Rescue continues through Sept 3rd! Donate $5 at Freshly and be registered for a chance to win a $50 Freshly Gift Certificate or donate directly to North Mecklanburg Animal Rescue.
NMAR Wish List:
- GIFT CARDS to LOWES, HOME DEPOT, WALMART: used for building projects, supplies and specialized foods for allergic dogs.
- SQUEEZE CHEESE: helps to give dogs’ meds
- PEANUT BUTTER: for Kongs
- FLEA MEDICINES: Capstar, Advantage, Frontline, Promeris – NO OFF BRANDS PLEASE as some are dangerous. We will accept left over medications even if they are slightly past the expiration date.
- DOG CRATES (all sizes)
- DOG BEDS & BLANKETS: new or gently used.
- NYLABONES OR OTHER HARD BONES
- CLOROX CLEAN UP IN SPRAY BOTTLES
- BLUE DAWN DISH DETERGENT
- LAUNDRY DETERGENT
- PAPER TOWELS
- USED PRINTER CARTRIDGES: these can be turned in to get credit for supplies at Staples.
- COASTAL STRAW OR CEDAR SHAVINGS
- NATURAL BALANCE FISH AND SWEET POTATO FOOD: several dogs with allergies.
- ANY ITEM OF VALUE THAT WE CAN RESELL
Did you know you can help them just by using your Food Lion MVP card?
Our August Spectacular was the biggest event yet! Every month we pull out all the stops in the hopes of out-doing the previous month, but we couldn’t do any of it without your support. So, from the bottom of our hearts…thanks to each and every one of you for your ongoing support of our community!
Our next spectacular is September 17th. Hope to see you then!
Saturday was our first attempt at what we’ve dubbed the Freshly Summer Spectacular! We’re very happy to report that it was a blow out event! Tons of friends, family, and first time customers showed their support and made the beautiful NC day even more incredible! Our event featured the wonderfully talented artist Katie Daisy. Katie’s beautiful illustrations, sensibility to typography, and amazing use of color is rocketing her to the top. Katie was recently featured in a spring line at Target, but if you missed that, Freshly has all your Katie Daisy needs!
Luke Redfield serenaded our guests with his magical music, while everyone enjoyed browsing our outdoor market. Glenn Pickersgill brought his iron artwork, Ruby Jo’s showcased her vintage treasures, the smell of Dough’s cinnamon sticky buns filled the air, and Cupcake Delirium served “freshly inspired” lemon raspberry cupcakes. It was a day full sunshine, good times, and did we mention… FREE POPSICLES!?
If you missed it don’t fret, the 3rd Saturday of every month through October we will host a Summer Spectacular event at Freshly. July 16th, August 20th, September 17th, all leading up the the big finale on October 15th to celebrate our one year anniversary!
A very special thanks to everyone who helped make this event a HUGE success! Your support means the world to us!
See you on July 16th!